How to be a ‘good’ designer
- Think basic. Don’t hit the ground running. Start slow, and work your way up.
- Work. Don’t waste time. If you do, make it up. Make sure everything you work on is fruitful.
- Go away. Leave. Come back with fresh eyes. See things like you’ve never seen them before.
- Iterate. Repeat. Do the things that work great over and over again. Refine. Realign. Redefine.
- Appreciate your own. Know what’s good. Know what’s bad. Know what works. Know what doesn’t.
- Help. Communicate. With others, with yourself, with your work, and through your work.
- Lastly, learn. Be curious. Be a student. Ignore the unnecessary, thirst for the needed.
Follow these steps. Listen to these clichés. Be a better designer.